Tabs

Saturday 30 July 2011

What's it like to be .. on a cooking course?

Happily I can say that the photos are of dishes I cooked from scratch  - pan fried sea bass with butter and dill sauce, and poached fillet of sea bass with salsa verde (I filleted the fish myself) and a Thai-styled Mango Salad with Griddled Prawns (I chopped all the ingredients with speed).   

One of my new year's resolutions for 2011 (aside from not getting a parking ticket) is to stop dreaming and start doing, which basically means to stop sitting on my butt at home dreaming about things I want to do or things I want to try.  I am consciously making the effort to push myself to realise some of those dreams.  Not big life changing ones - hell no, just small ones - like trying new things and learning new skills.  Well in the spirit of learning a new skill I took a Jamie Oliver Knife Skills course - Chop, Dice and Slice.  

Here's my story: http://www.timeandleisure.co.uk/articles/food/1032-chop-slice-and-dice.html